Thursday 23 June 2016

VOTE. Please.

VOTE. Please.

If you live in the UK, are a British citizen, are over 18, your country has acknowledged your right to vote and has made you eligible to do so. If you don't vote every single person who has campaigned for the right to vote, died or been abused through that campaigning, has done so in vain.

But! I hear people cry. But, what? I ask. But you don't trust politicians? You don't trust the 'system'? You don't understand what's going on? Guess what the answer to the first two questions is: VOTING. Vote politicians you don't trust out, and ones you trust in, or even run for a position yourself. Vote in  and campaign for referendums that will change the system. The third question also has a fairly simple solution: investigate. Watch/read the news, hold conversations with people that have a better understanding than yourself, read the leaflets that inevitably get shoved through your letter box, and then there's always the internet.

VOTE. Please.

For the sake of interest, I voted in the EU Referendum and I voted remain. Simply, as a Liverpudlian, I have first hand experience of how beneficial European money can be. Also, none of the arguments from the Leave campaign are fully accurate, and certainly do not convince me against Europe, we're no longer the largest empire in the world, we need to understand that and realise we're stronger IN. That's just my opinion, and I showed it through my vote, I encourage everyone who can to do the same, whichever way they feel about the referendum.

VOTE. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate