Monday 22 February 2016

Never Too Early for Summer Planning

In the midst of this cold February, snowed under degree related work and cheer practices for our competition yesterday (we smashed it btw), I've somehow managed to pretty much organise my summer, the main bits anyway. I'm really excited about most of it, but I'm honestly terrified of graduating. I cannot believe these 3 years at Keele are going to be over. I have been determined and set on going to university for as long as I can remember, it's the same with being in the Police, but that seems so much less sure than university does. As it stands I've been in education for near enough 18 years of my life, it's terrifying to be approaching the stage when I can just walk on from that. To be fair, I want to do a Masters, but still, I'm freaking out a little.

I'm also massively excited! In June, myself and 8 of the girls I cheer with are spending four days at the Prinsotel Alba in Cala D'or, Majorca:
Originally there were 25 of us, then 20 so I started looking into renting a villa and booking the flights separately, but that was working out rather expensively. In the end, the number dropped to 9, which happens to be the maximum number of people that can be booked onto a Thomas Cook package holiday. PHEW! Less stress for me! Thomas Cook have packages that include flights, airport transfers etc...which leaves me with far less to organise. The aparthotel itself is right by the beach, restaurants and bars, but is within taxi distance to night clubs when we fancy a less chilled atmosphere. I'm really looking forward to it, it should be a great way to round off my time as a Panther.

Then, in July, I will graduate and a week later Alex and I will be flying out to San Diego as the start to a 2 week adventure in California. The original plan was to go to Comic Con for at least one day then travel everywhere else, however, we did not manage to get tickets for Comic Con last Saturday when they went on sale. The way it works is, you sign up for a Comic Con membership, then you're sent an email with a link which takes you into a waiting room. The waiting room opens an hour before ticket sales begin. It does not matter when in that hour you enter the waiting room as moving onto the buying stage is randomized. Unfortunately, after two hours of intense waiting, neither of us made it through to the buying stage.
I'm ridiculously disappointed, but hey ho! We have many more years to try again.
As we wanted to keep our flight prices as low as possible, we booked our flights early and through STA Travel who offer special rates to students. This meant, however, that we booked our flights before we found out we wouldn't be going to Comic Con. Hopefully, San Diego will be kind to us and the convention will create a brilliant atmosphere around the city with a sprinkling of sightings of famous people. After SD we want to drive to LA, then fly to San Francisco with a visit to Alcatraz and a stay in Yosemite thrown in. I will update you as plans are solidified. Now to stop planning a holiday and keep writing dissertations and applying for Masters courses....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate